The Summer People’s Market is a family friendly farmers market held every Wednesday afternoon throughout the summer. The purpose of the event is as a market for local growers and producers; an incubator for locally-made, sustainable crafts; and a gathering space for the community to celebrate local and regional, good, clean and fair food.
The People’s Market is a vital aspect of the local food system because it allows farmers, ranchers and value-added food producers to sell direct to consumers. Direct to consumer sales help to strengthen the connection between local food and community, provide transparency in farming and ranching practices, and create cost savings for both growers and consumers by eliminating intermediate supply chain and distribution costs.
We welcome community members and visitors to take advantage of the opportunity to shop weekly at the People’s Market, purchase nutrient dense food and sustainable goods, and contribute directly to the local food economy.
Date: Every Wednesday, June 2nd through September 22nd
Time: 4:00 – 7:00pm
Location: Center for the Arts Lawn, 265 S Cache St, Jackson, WY 83001
2021 VENUE ANNOUNCEMENT: The typical People’s Market location at the base of Snow King is closed for construction this summer, and the People’s Market is moving to the Center for the Arts Lawn.
Interesting Facts About People’s Market Programming:
- Vendors sold $360,000 in direct to consumer sales in 2019.
- The People’s Market has an 83% waste diversion rate. The market was the first event in Jackson Hole to attain a Zero Waste Event Certification from Teton County Integrated Solid Waste and Recycling.
- The People’s Market requires all prepared and packaged food vendors to use at least one locally sourced ingredient.
- The People’s Market has a steering committee of dedicated vendors who help to guide market policies and long term goals.
Apply to become a Summer People’s Market vendor: Click here to complete the 2021 VENDOR APPLICATION. To be considered for the first market, please apply by April 30th. Response by May 12th.
(Health Department & Temporary Food Application – required for prepared food vendors)
Covid Guidelines: The People’s Market, as well as all Slow Food in the Tetons events, are committed to adhering to Covid safety guidelines provided by Teton County and other health and safety advisors. We kindly ask that you adhere to the following:
- wear a mask
- 6 feet social distance
- go cashless, credit cards preferred
- dogs on leashes
Thank you to our presenting sponsor Wind River Capital Management.